1. Officially the Republic of Moldova is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe.
  2. The capital city is Chisinau.
  3. Official language: Romanian.
  4. Total Area: 33,846 km2.
  5. Estimated population of the country is 2,913,281.
  6. Flight time from Chisinau to Kochi is 9 hours 3 minutes.
  7. Distance from Kerala to Moldova is 6,109 km


  1. Moldova's climate is moderately continental: the summers are warm and long, with temperatures averaging about 20 °C (68 °F), and the winters are relatively mild and dry, with January temperatures averaging −4 °C (25 °F).

    Finding out what I need to submit

    As soon as you have submitted your electronic application you must send your supporting documents to University Admissions in Sweden. They must reach us by the deadline as indicated under Key dates. The following is a list of what is required in order to apply for bachelor's studies in Sweden.

    Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

    You must verify that you have successfully completed upper secondary education (post-16). This completed education, along with the awarded degree certificate or diploma, must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it.

    Country-specific information

    Please be sure to read the information in Step 2 - Checking for special instructions for my country of study - to find out what is required of you. If the country where you studied is not listed, you should follow the general instructions found here in Step 1.

    University records

    Bachelor's studies applicants who have attended university are required to submit documentation of their studies and results. For more information regarding documentation of university studies, please see Step 6: Submitting my university records.

    Your university qualifications cannot be considered instead of your upper secondary (high school) qualifications

    In order for your eligibility for courses and programmes at the bachelor's level to be determined - and for you to compete with other applicants for available places in courses and programmes - you must submit your upper secondary qualifications, as listed above. While we require your university qualifications if you've completed studies at a university, they cannot be used in place of your upper secondary qualifications.

    Document translation requirements

    Upper secondary (high school) documents in English, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish do not need to be translated. Upper secondary school documents in Icelandic regarding grades, such as transcripts and diplomas, do not need to be translated; however, other documents in Icelandic, such as a certificate of name change, must be translated. If your documents are in any other language, you must also submit authorised translations of the documents into Swedish or English. Documents from university level studies that are in a language other than English, French, German, Danish, or Norwegian must be translated to Swedish or English.

    Proficiency in English

    You must also present proof of proficiency in the English language. For courses and programmes taught in Sweden, the entry requirement is usually the equivalent of the Swedish upper secondary course English 6 or English course B. If your high school qualification in English does not fulfill this requirement, you must submit the official results from an internationally recognized test such as TOEFL or IELTS. You can find out if your upper secondary education meets the English requirement at Step 2: Checking for special instructions.

    TOEFL results

    If you've taken the TOEFL test, It is your responsibility to arrange for the official TOEFL score to be forwarded directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS) to the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR). The institution code is Sweden 3477. Please note that it can take several weeks for your test scores to arrive at University Admissions so arrange for your results to be sent as soon as possible.

    Identification document

    In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.

    Signed Cover sheet only when submitting documents via regular post

    In order to link your documents with your admission application, you must print out a cover sheet, sign it, and submit it with your documents you submit via regular post. A cover sheet is not required when uploading documents. Please make the cover sheet the first document in the document package you submit via regular post to University Admissions. Students with a Swedish personal identification number need only supply that number on any documentation they submit to University Admissions in Sweden; for them, a cover sheet is not required.

    Change of name

    If you legally change your name, for example after getting married, you must provide documentation. This documentation can be in the form of a scan of your original marriage certificate or other relevant document.


    University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the institution (school, university) that issued them. Please note that embassies are not involved in the verification process. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent. Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

    Long stay visa for study

  1. Application Form;
  2. Travel document (passport) valid for at least 3 months after the expiration date of the requested visa;
  3. A recent mat, color photo 35mm x 45mm;
  4. Confirmation of approval to studies from the educational institution;
  5. Medical insurance valid on the territory of the Republic of Moldova (minimum cover of 30.000 euro);
  6. Proof of real means of payment for studies and maintenance in the amount established, except for foreign scholars of the Republic of Moldova (in the latter case, proof of holding a scholarship in Moldova) and those participating in student exchange programs;
  7. Invitation issued by the Bureau for Migration and Asylum or, the resident’s permit or valid Visa issued by one member state of the European Union or of States Parties to the Schengen Agreement (except Transit Visa).
  8. Consent of parents or guardian regarding the stay for studies in Moldova, if the foreigner is a minor.
  9. Counselor fee – 80 euro.
  10. In case of a foreigner’s participation in a student exchange program, in addition to the above documents shall be presented:
      1. Copy of the agreement between educational institutions that organize the program;


1 Universitatea de Stat din Moldova
2 Universitatea Tehnica a Moldovei
3 Universitatea Libera Internationala din Moldova


1 Universitatea de Stat de Medicina si Farmacie
2 Universitatea Libera Internationala din Moldova