South Africa has a lovely temperate climate with plenty of sunny, dry days. The main factors influencing conditions are altitude and the surrounding oceans.
Temperatures drop by about 6°C for every 1000m you climb (or 3.5°F per 1000ft). The east coast is on the Indian Ocean, which has a warm current.
The west coast is on the Atlantic Ocean with a cold current.
South Africa experiences winter and summer in opposite times as Europe and North America and they correspond to the dry and wet season in most of the country, except for the Western Cape
Distance from Cochin Airport to South Africa: 7276 Kms
Flight time: 14 Hrs
WHY STUDY IN SOUTH AFRICA?
South African higher educational institutions hold a prominent place on the world stage, with four of its universities claiming spots in the 2013/2014 QS World University Rankings. The University of Cape Town is South Africa's highest finisher coming in at an impressive 145. The University of Witwatersrand (AKA “Wits”) and Stellenbosch University both coasted into the top 400.
While unrest and upheaval may first come to mind when you think of South Africa, its university campuses have become multicultural hubs of academic, social and civic activities. In fact, diversity is now an integral part of the national ethos of this modern-day "Rainbow Nation."
Who doesn’t like to get the biggest bang for their buck? Studying in South Africa offers some serious financial incentives thanks to favorable international exchange rates. The result? Both tuition and cost of living expenses are a significant value for international students.
South Africa is a nation in the midst of change. While others read about history in textbooks, international students who choose to study here are immersed in history-making moments. And as the newest member of BRICS, South Africa’s emerging economy presents a unique perspective into the global marketplace.
South Africa’s comfortable climate and diverse landscape offers endless opportunities for exploration and discovery. From exotic beaches to majestic mountain ranges, the country's terrain is like no other. Factor in a temperate climate with plenty of warm sunny days and cool nights, and South Africa’s near-perfect weather is reason enough to at least look into international study opportunities.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ACADEMIC INTERVIEW
A passport or travel document valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit
Your passport must have at least TWO unused page for entry / departure endorsements
A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
Payment of the prescribed fee
A yellow-fever vaccination certificate (if required)
Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit
Two color passport photographs
A return or onward ticket if you are travelling by air
If you have children (minors) travelling with you or joining in South Africa, you will need to provide the following additional documents
1. Proof of guardianship or custody or
2. Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor
Proof of financial means to pay for your living expenses while in South Africa in the form of:
1. Bank statements
2. Salary advances
3. Undertakings by the host(s) in South Africa
5. Medical cover or
6. Cash available (including credit cards and travellers’ cheques)
LIST OF MEDICAL COLLEGES IN SOUTH AFRICA
1. Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
2. University of Cape Town
3. University of the Free State
4. University of KwaZulu-Natal
5. University of Limpop
6. University of Pretoria
7. University of Stellenbosch
8. University of the Witwatersrand
9. Walter Sisulu University
LIST OF ENGINEERING COLLEGES IN SOUTH AFRICA
1. False Bay College
2. Academy Of Sound Engineering (Pty) Ltd
3. Johannesburg Institute of Engineering and Technology your best choice (TVET) College
4. Wamalloy Engineering College (Pty) Ltd
5. Academy of Sound Engineering Cape Town
6. University of KwaZulu-Natal
7. College SA
8. Technicol Sa College (Pty) Ltd
9. University of South Africa (UNISA) - Muckleneuk Campus
LIST OF ARTS COLLEGES IN SOUTH AFRICA
1. Creative Arts College
2. Michaelis School of Fine Art
3. City Varsity
4. The National School of the Arts
5. The Animation School (Pty) Ltd
6. Waterfront Theatre School
7. Art Therapy
8. Greenside Design Center College of Design
9. Ruth Prowse Art Company
10. The South African School Of Motion Picture Medium And Live
11. The Open Window Institute for Arts and Digital Sciences